WANTED---A BUNCH OF GOOD PEOPLE
By Joy Juedes
In July 2016 we welcomed 336 clients to the Pregnancy & Family Resource Center.
As the number of clients has increased, so have the center's needs. Resources must be numerous and reliable, executive director Lisa Stiefken says.
"Sometimes clients have to wait an hour or more to be seen because we don't have enough Advocates," she says.
And although the center is close to two abortion clinics, it is not open on Saturdays -- a big abortion day at the clinics. There's a great need for volunteers who can commit to coming in on Saturdays to serve women who might otherwise go to the clinics. The center would likely be open a half day, and shifts would ideally rotate, so no one would work every Saturday.
The biggest resource needed is people. Here's a breakdown of the most urgent volunteer needs:
- Advocates, both men and women. These volunteers meet with clients individually and go through a 12-week training. The next training starts Wednesday, January 11, 2017 and runs from 2-4 PM. Those interested should contact Volunteer Coordinator Wendy DeView at (909) 382-4550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men, to lift heavy items, do repair work, and deliver things to clients.
- Event coordinator. This volunteer would plan two to three events a year -- strong organizational skills and event experience are preferred. Those interested should contact Lisa at (909) 382-4550 or email@example.com.
-- Men to lead a SaveOne abortion healing group for other men. Those interested should call or text Sonja Bates at 909-763-3878, email at sbpfrcSaveOne@gmail.com
- People to clean, occasional deep cleaning, and organize donated items.
- Someone to help with the newsletter. He would be trained to collect the information and format it.
- An assistant for Lisa. This person would do tasks like check the mail and itemizing checks and cash donations. Purge and organize files. Complete small projects
To get more information about any of these volunteer positions, contact Lisa or Wendy. Schedule and appointment to tour the center, meet with us and see where you’d fit according to your interests and skills.
Thank you for your support -- we couldn't serve families in need without our dedicated volunteers!
There is a continual need for volunteers and many opportunities to serve. Some women and men take the 12 week Advocate Training class, “Focus on the Heart,” and then work one or more scheduled shifts each week.
Some people prefer to stay in the background. We have folks who enjoy sorting, cleaning and organizing donations or who come in to work on projects. We always have clerical work to do, and of course, since we do not pay a janitorial service we all pitch in and do it ourselves.
Right now, we have an opening for one or more abortion recovery (www.Saveone.org) facilitators. This doesn’t require that you’ve experienced abortion, but it’s critical that you understand brokenness and have a burden for those who need for The Lord Jesus to make people whole. You will need Training and we ask absolute dedication to facilitating and promoting this study.
For those of you who are creative: Wanted team players to serve on event planning committees. This will include helping to plan, decorate and tear down as needed on various events we use to increase awareness and raise funds for our ministry.
To summarize, it takes a lot of volunteers to provide excellent delivery of services to 1,400 clients (Average 300 client encounters each month).
There IS a place for YOU.
Call Wendy at 909-382-4550
and find out more!